Monday, 2 June 2014

Half-term adventures, some more gardening and back to training...

Hey readers, its been a while.  Over a week and a half in fact.  As you've probably guessed, I've been quite busy.

First it was the bank holiday weekend, which rolled into half-term, so as it turns out I've only actually been in the office for one day over the last week and a bit, which has been great from my perspective as I've had a nice extended break away from the office.

With it being half-term, I also had the pleasure of Izzy's company from Wednesday lunchtime through to Saturday evening so we had some quality time together.  The best bit of all was that her long awaited Birthday trip to see Katy Perry at the O2 was finally upon us.  Now by pure chance, our tickets had been VIP.  So rather than watching from down the front, we'd been given seats in one of the best boxes of the lot.  Check out the view below...

Izzy at the front of the box...

So what shall we do while we're waiting for Katy Perry to come on Izzy?  Shall we watch the football???

Katy Perry suspended above the crowd on a zip wire...

Now, I'm normally more into more rock, indie, metal and dance/house music rather than pop, so my pop concern experience is more limited to the likes of X Factor but I knew a fair few of KPs songs because of Izzy listening to them in the car over the years.  I came away from the O2 being wowed by the show KP put on and was amazed how good her voice actually is.  I'd read a few reviews of the opening night and it didnt go down too well but I'm pretty sure that most of the people at the O2 went home very happy indeed.  Izzy absolutely loved it.  The good thing about living in South East London is that I'm only a 20 min bus ride away from home and we were climbing into bed just after midnight.

Thursday and Friday saw us back out in the garden.  We had a fence to finish off.

As you can see, the garden is beginning to look like a proper garden now.  Just the new gate to be fitted and the garden will be secure for the first time in the four years I've lived there.  Woo hoo.

Izzy loved being outside and was a dab hand with the shovel and fork.  I was more amazed by the fact she was quite comfortable with the snails.  I'm not sure I'm as brave as her...

The good news is that I've resumed training but am being very sensible about it.

On Sunday, I ran 7.5 miles.  Bank Holiday Monday I ran 10k just less than 24 hrs later.
Rest Day Tuesday.
I ran a lumpy 5 miler on Wednesday morning before Izzy arrived.
Gardening Thursday and Friday, which included some heavy digging.
Back running 8 miles on Sunday after a somewhat heavy night at my parents drinking Stella whilst watching the Froch v Groves fight.  Followed it up with a good upper body and abs workout for the first time since the marathon.  

Now the Sunday 8 miler was a good run but I was beginning to flake by the end and my legs felt very heavy indeed. I'm going to put that down to the alcohol which was drank on Saturday.  For the first time in a very long while, I felt my legs begin to cramp up after 5 miles and my pace drastically dropped off as you'll be able to see from the mile splits.  Not a bad thing but is to be expected after a session on the sauce.  I'd only drank half a glass of water than morning and I would have been dehydrated, I have no doubts about that.

Its really time to start watching what I put into the body to ensure I'm getting the very best out.


No comments:

Post a Comment